The most popular and successful network operator after Jio, Bharti Airtel is used by millions of people. Still, a lot of people don’t know to check the voice balance, data balance of their Airtel number. So here in this article, I’ve presented several different methods through which you can easily check and track Airtel data balance, voice and SMS balance.
How to check Airtel balance through the Airtel Thanks app?
If you have a smartphone, be it an iOS device or an Android device, you can download the Airtel Thanks app (earlier known as my Airtel app) from the App Store or Play Store. Follow the steps to download and register to the Airtel Thanks app
- Download and install the Airtel Thanks app.
- Open the app, if you have your Airtel sim in the device then it will automatically detect and the registration process will be done
- If the Airtel sim is not available in the device then enter the Airtel mobile number.
- An OTP will be sent to your number. Enter the OTP in the Airtel Thanks app
- Once you enter the OTP, the OTP will be verified and sign up process will be completed.
You can check your balance and validity on the home screen of the Airtel app. Along with allowing you to check your Airtel balance, the Airtel Thanks app comes with many different services. You can recharge your Airtel number directly from the Airtel Thanks app, Activate or Deactivate various services, You can also recharge Airtel DTH, broadband or dongle if you are using any of them.
If you don’t have a smartphone or you don’t want to download an extra app just to check your balance then you don’t have to worry. Below are the methods that you can use to check Airtel balance without any app or internet connection.
USSD code to check Airtel balance
USSD codes, also referred to as quick codes are one of the most convenient methods to check Airtel balance if you don’t have a smartphone or don’t want to use any additional app. Different network operators provide different USSD codes for various different purposes. Before you start using the USSD codes to do anything, you must know what it is used for to avoid any inconvenience later. Here is a list of few important Airtel USSD codes that can be useful to you.
- To check Airtel balance, dial *123# from your Airtel mobile number and the balance with be displayed on the screen along with the validity.
- If you have a 2G data then you can check the remaining data balance by dialling *123*10# or *123*#
- To check 3G data balance, dial *123*11#
- For checking Airtel 4G balance, dial *123*8#
- If you are running out of balance and want some loan Talktime then you can avail it by dialling *1421*10# or you can even call on 52141
- To check or activate/deactivate any value-added services on your mobile, you can dial *121*4#
- You can also check your usage through the USSD codes. To check the details of last 5 calls made by your number simply dial *121*7# from your Airtel mobile number.
- If you have activated any SMS pack and want to check the SMS balance then dial *123*7#
- If you don’t know your Airtel number then you can dial *282# from your Airtel number and your mobile number will be displayed on your mobile screen
- Airtel also offers some special balance. You can check the Airtel dedicated account balance then dial *123*4#
Airtel Data Balance alerts through SMS:
Airtel sends SMS alerts to the customers when they have exhausted a threshold of their data like 50% or 90% of their data. You will receive an SMS from Airtel that will inform you about your Airtel data balance. If you don’t receive such SMS alerts, you must call the customer care and ask to activate SMS alerts for your data balance on your Airtel mobile number. Unlike other operators, Airtel doesn’t offer any service of checking mobile balance through SMS service. You can only check Airtel voice and data balance through the app or by using USSD codes.