Virat Kohli is serving as Indian cricket team’s captain who actually plays as right-handed top order batsman. During Indian premier league, he plays for Royal Challengers Bangalore team. Kohli is naturally aggressive batsman known for wide ranges of shots, and ability to pace the innings and batting that to under extreme pressures.
Kohli is facing criticism from a few months for his aggressive behaviour on the field, but it sounds different when Australian spinner Brad Hogg was seen defending and praising the Indian captain Kohli. One of the quotes of Hogg was that team derives energy from the aggressive behaviour of Virat Kohli.
Few of the quotes of Hogg for Kohli:
- Kohli is the clear leader and team feed off him.
- Kohli has a different kind of athleticism and he expects the same from the Indian
- Kohli has clear thought what he expects from the team he also does the same.
- In actual Kohli leads the team from the front and asks his teammates to follow him.
- As a batsman, Kohli plays from a different level than any other batsman.
- Kohli instantaneously hits the boundaries, rotates the strikes, in fact, he changes the momentum of the game.
- Only Usman Khawaja came close that too in the second innings where he batted for a lot of composure but don’t have someone on the same level as Kohli.
These words to Kohli meant a lot as they define the positive attitude of Virat Kohli towards the game.
Further, Hogg talked about the Indian team saying that India needs to find some balance in a third test to put the Australian team under pressure. He further mentioned that he wanted a close series at their home soil.
Not only Hogg even the players of Indian team respect Kohli and his aggressive behaviour on the field. Suresh Raina once said about Kohli that if we will not go behind our leader now then when? According to him, it is typically same as an army, if you don’t listen or don’t go with your leader you will surely get shot.
This kind of motivational speeches often gives the hint that Kohli is really like energy to Indian Team as said by Hogg.