India is known to be a wonderful place where you will find everything for everyone. Whether it is for religious aspects, historical forts, palaces, monuments, adventures, it covers everything. There are many places in India which will be very pleasing to eyes as who doesn’t like huge mountains with cascading waterfall with green dense forests. You will find a wonderful mix of religion, culture, language, the lifestyle of people living in different states and cities. People in India are known for their warmth welcoming culture. There are many festivals which hold high dignity and beliefs of thousands and lakhs of people and they celebrate it with their whole hearts with great pomp and show.
Among all the states and cities, Delhi is the national capital of India. It is located in the northern part of India and is often called ‘The Heart of India’. Delhi is divided into two parts- Old Delhi (in the north historic city) and New Delhi (in the south city). The national capital territory embraces many historical monuments and forts with the blend of a metropolitan region. Delhi has a very long history and is been a political center of the nation. The city was founded by ‘Raja Dhilu’ in 800 BCE. Many tourists visit Delhi as it is quite famous for the attractions and places around. The city has amazing street shopping and is very affordable. When it comes to food, no one can beat the street food of Delhi. You will get an amazing variety of delicacies and cuisines. From the historic point of view, while visiting the monuments you will feel the vibes and surely it will be aesthetically pleasing. Delhi is the perfect amalgamation of religion and social hub of different faith and beliefs. In simple words, Delhi is a mini-India where you will the whole essence of India.
So if you are planning to make a visit to Delhi, make sure to have some information beforehand. If you are visiting Delhi in peak season, try to book your hotels in advance to avoid any kind of disappointments at the moment. You will get a variety of hotel options such as 3 star, 4 star, and 5-star hotels, homestay accommodations, resorts, and villas in Delhi. Anyone will experience amazing luxuries and experience while staying. You will easily find one depending upon your budget and requirement online. Online websites will help you to provide the best which suits your preferences.
Following are some of the information you need to know before visiting Delhi:
- Best time to visit- The best time to visit Delhi is from October to March when the weather is very pleasant and moist. This is the best time to wander around the city and enjoy everything. You can easily visit the places and see around when the sky will be clear and the sun will be mild. During summers (April to July), the temperature reaches 45-degree Celsius which make it very difficult for the tourists to explore.
- Culture- Delhi is a cosmopolitan city where people are accepting new lifestyle and modern culture. In Delhi, there is a mix of the old and new culture which makes it amazing. Keeping and embracing their culture, there is a twist of modern culture as well. Every festival is celebrated with full enthusiasm. People in Delhi believe in ‘Unity in Diversity’ where people of different religion and languages altogether stand together. If we talk about food, you will find mouth-watering delicacies such as North-Indian, South-Indian, Mughlai, Punjabi food, Continental, Chinese etc. There are many fancy restaurants to try but do not skip the street food as it is worth trying them. If you love shopping, there are many cheap markets where you will find everything from clothes, bags, accessories, shoes etc.
- How to reach- Delhi is well-connected by air, rail and road with national and international. Delhi has its own international airport named Indira Gandhi International Airport. Almost every city and state is connected via rail. There are many private and government busses running which is connected widely with other places.
- Attractions- There are many attractions in Delhi which you can explore. Almost every place has its own history behind. The history induces visitors to visit the place. There are many monuments like Qutab Minar, India Gate, Humayun Tomb, Lodi Gardens, Red Fort, Alai Darwaza, Jama Masjid and many more. The list of monuments, forts, museums etc is very long and you can choose one depending on your choices. There are total 112 monuments and it is not possible to visit every place. So know about the attractions online before visiting which will give you a glimpse about them.
- Stay- There are many hotels and villas in Delhi which provides you with amazing amenities and luxuries. You can book them online before visiting to avoid any on the spot consequences. Always go for the ratings and recommendations before choosing one which will help you to get the best one. The past experience of the people will help you to know the reality of the hotel, its staff, and hygiene and customer service. When looking for a hotel make sure that has a friendly environment, co-operative staff, and great food, amazing customer services, as per your budget, parking space and other luxuries. Many five star hotels and villas have a separate swimming pool, spa etc. A comfort stay will always make your experience amazing.
So above are some of the information you need to know before visiting Delhi. As already said there are many monuments to see, so always be prepared with your list and go for those places where your interests lie in. Take online help to get all the information whether it is regarding hotels or visiting places or food etc. contact ones if any of your known ones have visited Delhi before. This will give you an image of the vacation and according to that, you can plan the stuff. You can also hire a travel guide in Delhi if you think you will face issues while travelling or communicating with the local people. You can easily find them. Stay attentive and cautious of your belongings because some things can be uncertain sometimes.